Meet Paula Carroll Tredeau
As an estate planner, Paula is adept at helping clients navigate through the often-complex estate-planning process and educating them about critically important estate choices. What inspires her most in her practice is assisting those she represents to administer an estate during difficult times. From drafting a basic will to working through the most complex estate administration, through her caring expertise, Paula has assisted thousands of clients in gaining peace of mind about their inheritance and estate matters.
To say Paula is active in her community is an understatement. She was an adjunct faculty member at Elms College, Chair of the Board of Directors of the Mont Marie Health Care Center and served on its Finance Committee, and in her hometown of Longmeadow she served on the Conservation Commission, the Historical Commission, and Long Range Planning Steering Committee.
Paula retired as a full time attorney in 2020, but remains Senior Counsel to Egan, Flanagan & Cohen. and continues to advise the firm and clients on Estate Planning and Administration issues.
- Estate Planning
- Estate Administration
Leadership and Awards
- St. Thomas More Award – 2013
- Massachusetts Bar Foundation Life Fellow
- Philanthropic partner of the Massachusetts Bar Association. Through its grantmaking and charitable activities, the Foundation works to increase access to justice for all in Massachusetts.
- Texas (Retired)
- Comment, “The Scope of Texas Probate Jurisdiction Over Matters Incident and Appertaining to an Estate,” 16 St. Mary’s L.J. 233 (1984)
- Casenote, “Terry Stop and Frisk of Vehicle Occupant Extends to Passenger Compartment During Lawful Stop,” 15 St. Mary’s L.J. 443 (1984)
- St. Mary’s University School Of Law – Texas, J.D., 1985
- Class Valedictorian
- Research Editor, St. Mary’s Law Journal
- American Jurisprudence Book Awards:
- Evidence, Fall 1983 and Spring 1984
- Conflict of Laws, Fall 1984
- Corporations, Spring 1985
- Domestic Relations, Spring 1985
- Phi Delta Phi
- Saint Mary’s College – Notre Dame, Indiana, B.A., 1979
- Cum laude
- Kappa Gamma Pi Women’s Honor Society