Meet Lauren F. Olanoff
Lauren has a simple answer when asked about the value of hiring a local firm over a big-city law firm. “I believe that local clients are best served by local lawyers, who understand the ins and outs of the local legal landscape and are familiar with the judges, lawyers and courts. This type of ‘insider’ knowledge is invaluable.”
“I also find it important to remember the humanity of our clients, and that at heart, each client is really a person who needs our help,” she says. Lauren began her career as a criminal trial attorney, and she now puts her years of courtroom experience to use in representing all her clients.
And when the local attorney knows the people and institutions in an intimate way, it makes a difference. This is why Lauren values her representation of the Springfield Library Foundation. As a little girl she spent “countless hours with my Dad” in the Springfield Central Library.
Lauren has been an attorney at Egan, Flanagan & Cohen since 2013 and Partner since 2018. She is on the Board of Directors of the Hampden County Lawyers for Justice, is a member of the Hampden County Bar Association Pro Bono Associate Advisory Board,, and is an athlete, who plays soccer, softball, tennis, and golf. She and her husband, Jared, are the proud parents of two children, Julien and Leah.
- Personal Injury including Wrongful Death and Medical Malpractice
- Business Disputes
- Corporate and Shareholder Litigation
- Eminent Domain/ Land Damage
- State and Local Property Tax Appeals
- Consumer Protection/ 93A
- With Jack Egan, after two-week trial, obtained judgment for over $800,000 for client in a breach of contract business dispute and successfully defended on all counterclaims.
- Obtained double damages for client after trial in a Consumer Protection/ 93A case where client purchased a defective car from an independent dealer who refused to accept responsibility.
- Settled a case on behalf of the estate of woman abused in a nursing home for $200,000.
- Obtained appellate victories for clients in a number of civil and criminal matters.
- Obtained acquittal after trial on all charges for client accused of committing a home invasion and three separate assaults with dangerous weapon.
- Obtained acquittal after trial on all charges for client accused of committing illegally possessing firearms and narcotics.
- Obtained dismissal of charges following motions to suppress and motions to dismiss in more than 50 cases in the last ten years.
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- Tulane University Law School, J.D.
- Top Honors, Tulane University Law School Trial Advocacy
- Johns Hopkins University, B.A.