Meet Michael G. McDonough
As a fourth-generation trial lawyer and U.S. Army Veteran, Michael G. McDonough, Esq., draws on his upbringing and experience to aggressively represent clients and achieve their goals. Michael embraces going to court on behalf of anyone who needs an effective advocate.
Michael began his career at a civil litigation law firm. Eager to serve his country, Michael joined the U.S. Army JAG Corps in 2012. Michael worked at JAG Offices at Fort Bragg, North Carolina; West Point, New York; South Korea; Japan; and Washington, D.C. Michael has investigated and tried cases all over the globe.
While stationed in New York, Michael served as a Special Assistant U.S. Attorney (SAUSA) with the Southern District of New York (SDNY). Michael represented the United States of America in hundreds of federal prosecutions.
Michael also practiced law as a criminal defense attorney, representing individuals accused of felony federal offenses with life and multi-decade sentences at stake. Michael has a talent for taking on hard cases and winning jury verdicts on behalf of his clients.
Michael finished his Active Duty Army career as the prosecutor for the largest Battalion in the U.S. Army, headquartered in Washington, D.C. There, he traveled internationally and worked on important cases involving senior officers and diplomats. After leaving active duty, Michael returned to civil litigation in his home state of Massachusetts.
Michael is an integral part of our trial team where he now utilizes his rich trial advocacy background to serve Massachusetts clients in litigation. He is an aggressive advocate in all matters. Contact Michael today for a free consultation at 413-737-0260 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Civil Litigation, including:
- Wrongful Death
- Consumer Protection under G.L. c. 93A
- Business Litigation
- Defense of Employers in Employment Law and Wrongful Termination
- Select Employee Claims in Wrongful Termination
- Medical, Legal and Professional Malpractice
- Breach of Contract
- Personal Injury, Product Liability, and Tort Law
Criminal Defense, including:
- Felonies and Misdemeanors in Superior Court and District Court
- OUI/DWI (Drunk Driving)
- Restraining Orders under G.L c. 209A and G.L c. 258E
- Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) and Military Law
Administrative Law, including:
- State Administrative Hearings On Behalf of Businesses
- Title IX, College Discipline, and Higher Education Disputes
- Military Discharge Upgrades, Reprimand Rebuttals, and Administrative Hearings
Leadership and Awards
- 2012-Present Various Military Decorations and Awards
- 2019 MassLawyersWeekly “Up and Coming” Attorney in Massachusetts
- 2018 Promoted to the rank of Major, US Army Reserve
- 2011 American Board of Trial Lawyers Award
- 2011 Mary Franzese Humanitarian Achievement Award Recipient
- 2011 Seton Hall Law Christian Ethic Scholarship Award Recipient
- 2010 Edward D. Benattar Trial Advocacy Scholarship Award Recipient
- Hampden County Bar Association’s Veterans Outreach Initiative, 2016 – Present
- St. Thomas More Society, Director, 2016 – Present
- United States Army Reserve (Major, U.S. Army JAG Corps)
- Knights of Columbus, 2004 – Present
- New York
- US District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- First Circuit Court of Appeals
- Military Courts-Martial on behalf of Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, and Airmen
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D.
- The George Washington University, B.A.